2012 AGM Young Quilters' Competition - 'Around the World'
Here is your chance to be really creative and design and make something inspired by the theme, 'Around the World'.
- It can be something useful or decorative - quilt, bag, purse, mask. The possibilities are endless.
- It can be any shape, any size, 2D or 3D.
- You can use any technique – patchwork, quilting, appliqué or a mixture of techniques, hand or machine sewing.
- The age bands for judging will be 11 and under, and 12-16 years.
- Remember this work needs to be made by you but please state if you have received any adult help and how, we all do need help sometimes.
Rules of Entry
- The competition is open to all members (as long as your membership is up to date). Entry is free but you must register your entry by Friday 2nd March 2012 (see below for details).
- You do not have to attend the AGM to enter.
- Entries may be hand and/or machine sewn.
All entries will be displayed at the conference and will be judged during the weekend. The winners will be announced at the end of the Conference and prizes awarded. You may collect your entry at the end of the Conference weekend or from the Guild Office in York. If you would like your entry posted back to you, please enclose a cheque to cover return postage. Although every care will be taken, we advise entrants to insure their entries against damage or loss.
How To Enter
- Cut off and keep the label at the bottom of the Entry/Registration Form. This will need to be carefully filled in and attached to your entry when it is sent or handed in.
- Complete the Entry/Registration Form and send it by Friday 2nd March 2012 to The Quilters Guild of the British Isles, St Anthony’s Hall. Peasholme Green, York.
- Send you entry to the Guild Office, NO LATER THAN FRIDAY 16TH MARCH 2012 or, deliver to Dundee on Friday 23rd March 2012
Download and print the Young Quilters' Challenge Entry Form 2012 below.
Any questions, please contact the Young Quilter Project Leader at 0103613242 or email@example.com
- 2012 AGM YQ Competition Entry Form